- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- Members must behave in accordance with published policies and procedures.
- All members must respect opponents.
- Club & B.J.A memberships must be renewed on an annual basis when requested.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach if they are going to be late.
- Late arrivals must wait on the mat side to be invited onto the mat.
- Members must wear suitable kit, which should be clean and non-odorous, female members must also wear a plain white Tee shirt.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn to the mat edge from the changing rooms.
- The wearing of hard or metallic objects is prohibited whilst training or competing.
- Long hair must be tied back, all players need to have short finger and toe nails.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Only club members will be eligible for any reduced championships/social function charges.
- Coaching and volunteer re-validation courses which are advantageous to the club will only be subsidised by the club, to current members.
- All members are asked to switch off mobile phones during training. Any spectators are requested to do the same.
- Members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Pupils will not leave the mat during training without permission of the coach.
- Conversation between players and spectators is not permitted.
- Members are required to follow the booking in procedure prior to training.
- Any problems or issues should be brought to the attention of the Head Coach in the first instance.
- Health and safety rules must be observed at all times.
- Players wishing to visit other clubs must do so with the agreement of the Head Coach.
Harlow Judo Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Mick Ellis, Lead Coach. As a member of Harlow Judo Club you are expected to abide by the club rules.
Revised 6th March 2010